Fourteen years ago today, my Dad was out in the driveway, washing the family car. In his suit. But he was supposed to be on his way to the church... you know, to walk me down the aisle at my wedding! He he. I guess 'ol Pa was a wee bit nervous.
He has relaxed now. Boy, has he relaxed. He and Mom watched the kids yesterday so Corey and I could take a day trip up the coast to celebrate. It was a perfect day! Raining like crazy, but that doesn't make the ocean any less beautiful as you drive along the winding highway, up above the waves crashing on gargantuan rocks.
As we neared the outlet mall, I asked Corey, "Anything in particular you're looking for?" "Just you," he said. Not being able to think of anything more cheesy, I replied, "Well, I'm right here, honey," and patted his knee. (Geez, we're old and lame...) He grinned and said, "Okay! Let's head back then!" It was very romantic, let me tell you.
But we kept going, and lunched at McMenamins, and even took in a movie (Blind Side--we really liked it). We capped off the night over a game of Carcassone with my Mom. And Dad went out to wash the car in his PJs. (Not really. But it would have made for a fitting end to this little "14 years" post, huh?)
Corey: Thanks for being the sweetest, warmest, most fun, reliable, hilarious, strongest, most dependable, honorable , Godly man I always prayed for!! I am richly blessed by you, and I love you a ridiculous amount. I sooo look forward to seeing what the next 14 brings!!!