Friday, January 22, 2010

The Smiler and the Thinker





Micah has a leap pad book that talks you through making different faces... "Make a CONFUSED face," "Make an ANGRY face," and so on... It delights him to no end, although he doesn't really make the faces. He prefers to direct other people to make the faces: "Momma, make an ANGRY face!" So I do, and he busts a gut laughing. "Momma, make a SAD face!" So I do, and he's rolling on the floor in sheer bliss. So then I say, "YOU make a SAD face!" And he tries and tries, but it's just not in him. Finally, he says, "But I'm not sad, Momma!" I know, Buddy. I know. And oh, how it blesses my heart ;0) I kept wondering why, whenever he gives me a smooch on the cheek, I often just get a tooth imprint... I've finally realized that his lips are peeled back because he's smiling so big, and he just can't stop smiling long enough to pucker up. Oh. my. goodness. gracious.

Kendra continues to crack me up with her ever-running thoughts... While she was working on reading a BOB book the other day, I said, "You're doing so good! You'll have to read this for Grandma Kay when she comes to visit!" And Kendra replied, "Yeah, I'll do my best reading for Grandma." I asked, "What about me? What about doing your best reading for me?" Without pause, she explained to me, "Well, Grandma lives a long ways away, and it takes her a long time to get here, so I should do my best reading for her since she's driving so far to see us." "Oh," I said. "So... Should I move far away so you'll do your best reading for me?" "No, silly," said Kendra. "If you moved far away, you'd be lonely." "Well, what about you?" I asked. "Nah. Daddy would take care of Micah and me." LOL! It's pretty hard to get one past my girl. She's a thinker!

As usual, I've posted more pics of my Smiler and my Thinker on my photo blog, if you wanna see: http://www.jazphotographyblog.blogspot.com/