
Corey's family came for their annual visit in September this year, so they got to join us for our day trip to the Oregon State Fair:

Kendra has been having a wonderfully uncharacteristic streak of adventurousness! She was inspired by Sierra having her face painted, and hopped up in the chair herself:


Poor Corey. It was quite hot, and Grandma was supposed to be resting her knees in the wheelchair... but she can deny the kids nothing, and they couldn't get enough of it:


(Photo credit: Kendra!)

Seriously, Corey and I about fell over when Kendra approached Smokey the Bear for a hug and a picture. She's normally running a hundred miles an hour in the opposite direction of anything in a costume. We were so proud of her!





Here are a few more snaps from the fair:







We celebrated my birthday over the weekend. Corey baked me a cake, and my Mother-in-Law asked him, "Why just one candle?" Corey replied, "I may not be the brightest bulb, but even I know better than to put THIRTY SEVEN candles on a cake!" To which I inserted, "Honey? I'm turning thirty SIX." Ha ha HAAAAA!!!!!

Micah was determined to help me blow out the one candle, and since he was a little under the weather and also can't blow without spitting...

After that, we hopped over to the coast for some crabbing, sand time, and relaxing at my folks':

(I forgot the kids' overnight bag, so they are wearing quite the hilarious hodge-podge of Grandma and Grandpa's, and the cousins', clothes...)

Not to be outdone by my sand declaration, Corey wowed the kids with his hidden talent of bubble-writing:


