Monday, March 24, 2008

My First Wedding Shoot!

What a weekend!

We started out with a Galilean Breakfast on Friday. In an effort to distance ourselves from the Easter Bunny (not that we have anything against him--we just wanted to try something different to help keep our focus on the real reason we celebrate Easter!), we drove out to the restful farm of our friends Nick and Kate, and had breakfast around their fire pit. Our breakfast was hobbit-style, in that the hour was in keeping with a 2nd breakfast. ;0) And our breakfast was disciple-style, in that we had fish and eggs. (Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the scrumptious salmon!)

Corey read from John 21, about how Jesus surprised the disciples after He was raised from the dead by calling out to them from the shore to throw the nets in one more time when they weren't catching anything, and then warmly welcoming them with a fire of hot coals ready to go when they came in with their miraculous catch of fish. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but I don't know about the rest of the gang... I kept whining to the two Dads about how disappointed I was they didn't dress up as disciples, and I think the kids are still puzzled as to why we weren't having s'mores...

On Saturday, I got to help photograph a wedding for the first time! (Well, I guess it wasn't really my first time. There was that time that some relatives handed me three disposable cameras when I showed up to their wedding, and asked if I would be their photographer...!) I had an absolute blast shooting this wedding last weekend. My friend, Julie, had asked me to help her. I originally thought, "No way!" but Julie assured me the bride was super laid back. Well, the bride was laid back--and so much more. Rhonda is gracious, and fun, and is also an amazing dancer! The groom, Del, loves fishing and crabbing, so I knew he was a good guy. ;0) The way I heard it, they struck up a deal whereby she learned to fish and he learned to dance. Man, can they dance! It was so fun to watch them. Some of their dancing friends came, and I don't think I've ever seen a reception with so many truly talented dancers. It was awe-inspiring! Corey and I took an East Coast Swing class once, but that's another blog post altogether... let me just say that the instructing couple spent most of their time by our side. That should tell you something! ...but I digress.

Rhonda is a teacher at a quintessential little country school, and the whole community where they live is idyllic... snow-capped mountains, covered bridges, and of course--a river running through it all. The school band played at the reception, and students were offering congratulations from their truck windows as they passed on the road. It was so, so fun!

Del and Rhonda: Thank you for letting me be a part of your wonderful wedding day! My prayer for you comes from Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart... in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Maybe if our paths cross in Winchester Bay some day when we're all crabbing, you guys can give my hubby and I some dancing pointers down on the docks... ;0)

Corey helped me put together a slide show of some of the images I got, and my good friend Andrew was kind enough to let me use a beautiful song he wrote and sang at a mutual friend's wedding. We couldn't figure out how to make the pictures full resolution on the slide show, so they're a little pixelated, but you'll get the idea. So make sure you've got your volume turned up, and enjoy! (Click on "slideshow" below to see the slide show.)

slideshow

On Sunday, our Worship Team rocked!! And the message was eloquent, of course!! (My husband is the Pastor, for those who don't know. ;0) ) Kendra did a great job of clapping while singing with the 2-3 year olds choir, and she kept her headband on and her dress down, and she didn't jump off the risers... I think she may have even sung a few words this time! And Micah raised his hands higher than anyone else in the congregation, as usual. The boy loves to praise the Lord, I tell ya! Well, I'll sign off now because I know I'm in danger of this turning into a short novel... that's what happens when you cram a month's worth of activity into one weekend, I guess! ;0)