Friday, September 19, 2008

The Sign

...so you might think by the title that I'm going to attempt some sort of spiritual post about a special sign or something... you know, like a sign from God. Well, sorry to disappoint. This little story is about a literal sign. As in, made with wood and paint. My Mother-in-Law, Dad, and I were cruising around the bay when Dad pointed out this old sign that had washed up. Well, being a lover of old signs, I begged him to get me a closer look. And the closer we got, the more I knew I had to have it. My Mother-in-Law could not believe I would want to decorate inside my home with such a thing. She really couldn't believe it when I declared I'd go in the water for it. See, my Dad's boat is too big to get right up to the beach and back out again without a lot of hassle. So, I decided to use whatever long-jumping skill might still be lurking from my high school track days, and I went for it. Remember--we're talking hypothermia-esque Pacific Northwest water temperatures here! I launched myself, and it wasn't pretty...

My MIL took all these pics from the boat. I have no idea how she held the camera still enough to get them in focus, since she was laughing so hard. She'll be laughing again next time she comes to visit, 'cause the sign is going in the guest room!

More to come from the summer scrapbook soon...