Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Little Trip To The Big City

Corey travels fairly often for associational meetings and whatnot, and we tagged along this time. We (the kids and I) were mostly on our own for the two days, but we got to have Daddy for about an hour one afternoon, so we hopped on an electric train and played around downtown:

Kendra truly is a doting big sister. She has made up all kinds of games for her and Micah to play. Here she is leading him in what she coined "the hand game". (Which consists of her holding both his hands, swinging them up and down, and singing, "The hand game, the hand game..." For his part, Micah giggles and grooves.)
Watching the city streets below, from the Saks 5th Avenue skybridge:

The next day, the kids and I visited the Zoo while Corey was working:

This was Micah's first trip to the Zoo, and he loves animals, so I couldn't wait to see his reaction. Oddly, he was quite stoic--unmoved by the baby elephant, unmoved by the gorilla eating a banana five feet in front of us, unmoved by the other gorilla who came in and cleaned up all the banana peels the first one had thrown around... But then there was the Meerkat. To my eyes, he looked quite boring. (No offense to any Meerkats or Meerkat lovers who may be reading.) But, my boy grinned his biggest grin and clapped enthusiastically at the sight of this little creature:


One of my all-time favorite things is watching my kids as they're watching something they're fascinated with:


The Zoo wore him out!


As I snapped that pic of Micah, I smiled because I was remembering this photo of Kendra following her first Zoo trip: