Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Scrapbook-ish Post!

Let's see... Here are some recent snippets from the life and times of the Zs:

Recent conversations with Kendra:

#1)
(after screaming her head off just for kicks as we set out for a walk to the park, while she was standing not more than 2' away from me...)
Kendra: "Mom, did you hear me?"
Me: "Yes I did. I think the whole neighborhood heard you."
Kendra: "Do you think they heard me in Idaho?!"

#2)
Kendra: "I do not want the bees to sting my little brother whose name is Micah. If they sting him, I will have to punish them."

The best part is that these conversations took place within minutes of each other this morning. She talks ALL day, EVERY day, rapidly hopping from one thing to the next. Her imagination knows no bounds! I wish I could record all of her musings, but I think that would take a highly paid team of devoted journalists writing very, very fast. 24/7.

As for Micah:

He mumbles all kinds of words like nobody's business. But he can say "cookie" very, very, very clearly. Hmmm... He can also frequently be heard saying, "Dada home," "Help me please," "All done fit," and "No, please, Sissy." ;0)

He's definitely in one of those stages where I would like to freeze him for eternity. His "smiley" reputation has now extended to that of a "charmer." And he really is. He loves to cuddle, and laugh over anything silly, and dance, and he would not squirm an inch if he could just find someone to hold him on their lap and read to him ALL day. (As it is, the kids and I spend a good hour or two reading each day. Truth be told, we all love it!)

Here are a few pics from the last month or so:

My Aunt Annie, Cousin Susan, and Susan's kids visited after Christmas. The kids had a blast running in the field at Grandma Eileen's old house.



Kendra gets more and more into her "Busy Bees" performances at church all the time. She sings again this Sunday! I love watching them. I guess it's obvious, because people have told me they have more fun watching me watching the kids than actually watching the kids themselves...

For our January Home School Group get-together, we went to a "pick and paint your own" pottery place. Micah was in heaven! He really enjoys arts and crafts. Kendra was in heaven because there were people around. She can't get enough of the social life. We've had company more often than we've been alone the last couple months, so now whenever I go to clean a toilet or anything, Kendra jumps up and down, claps her hands, and exclaims, "Who's coming over, Mommy?!!???" Speaking of Kendra's social life, the highlight of her '09 so far was her Daddy-Daughter date to a Trailblazer Game with a group from church. (Corey blogged about it here.)

Kendra's latest, greatest invention is the "trailer". She hooks up empty diaper boxes to the 50 cent garage sale fire truck I found years ago, and totes any cargo she can coax into it. As long as Micah has the pink gloves, he's too entranced with them to care what he's being hauled in, or where he's going. It's all about the gloves, which he found and fixated on a few weeks back. The best part is when his favorite Air1 song, "Rock Fist", comes on, and he pumps his pink-gloved little fist up in the air... I've got to catch that on video!

For our January adoption group meeting, we went bowling. It was Micah's first time, and he was IN LOVE. Kendra had a great time, too, because... yep, you guessed it. There were people there. Are you catching onto a theme here? ;0)

The gang came to our house for this month's Home School Group Outing. I didn't get to have my annual Valentine Making Party on Super Bowl Sunday this year due to a meeting, so that's what we did for our Home School Get-Together. Micah was in love with the scissors, and well, you know what I'm going to say now, right? Kendra was in love with the company, of course! ;0)

Fun times. Fun, fun times.