Friday, October 30, 2009

A Little More Z Fam News

I'm enjoying homeschooling way more than I thought possible! (And the kids are, too. Micah leaps off the couch when we're through with morning devotions, shouting, "School time! School time!!" We often start out by learning about a new animal that starts with the letter we're studying, and then coloring a picture of that animal-- It makes sense that Micah's so elated, because that basically combines two of his great loves: animals and art!) We've been having fun incorporating anything and everything into our "letter of the week" studies. I brought home a kids' cookbook from my Alaska trip, and we've made a couple fun things so far... "eagle's nests", pictured above, on "E" week, and "glacier ice" on "G" week.

Our home school group went to A.C. Gilbert's Discovery Village for our October outing, which was awesome:

And here are a few snaps from an apple-picking trip to Detering Orchards (one of my very favorite places to go!) with Phil and Heather and fam:
(Thanks for the family photo, Phil!) I have to note that Corey and Phil were totally rolling their eyes at me when I sauntered over to the trunk and pulled out my reflector, which I just happened to have brought along... Phil was all, "I should have known! (and then to Heather) I told you we should have worn matching outfits!" He he. I think I've got Phil paranoid, and feeling sure that he needs to be dressed for a spontaneous photo shoot whenever I'm in the vicinity. Poor guy! I suppose it might be true... As he was taking our picture with my camera (after receiving like 500 instructions from me), I asked, "Are you having fun? Do you want to become a photographer now?" And then the eye rolling started all over again... ;0)