Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mt. Hood Railroad

For Kendra's birthday this year, we just had a casual dinner with a few friends and family here at the house, and the main event was a ride on the Mt. Hood Railroad!

A few snaps from dinner the night before:


Kendra's really into party hats. She made these (with a little help, of course!):
(Thanks for modeling, Dad!)


And thanks again, Charity, for making the Candyland Cake:

Then on to the railroad bright and early the next morning:
The train takes you out to a little town (Parkdale, maybe? I can't remember for sure...) with a fun museum, grassy park-like area, etc.:



We ventured into Alabama Jim's for lunch:


At some point, as we were waiting for our food near their ice cream counter, I began to realize the wallpaper was more than just colorful... It's all people:
The note explains it all: "Join our Licorice Lovers Club. Only requirement is your photo." I immediately turned to Corey, and said, "You should totally do it!" He said, "No." I said, "Oh, come on!" He said, "No." I said, "Please?" He said, "No." At some point during this rich discussion, I turned away from Corey, to the gal at the counter, and said, "Can we do the licorice thing, please?" And as she brought the sample of black licorice ice cream over the counter, I just backed away and pointed toward Corey. Oh, if looks could kill... he he. Here's my brave honey:
(Yeah, we didn't kiss for quite a while after this...)


Kendra and Micah got in on the action, too:
So, you'll have to look for us--and by "us", I mean Corey, Kendra, and Micah-- on the wall if you ever venture to Alabama Jim's. (I definitely recommend the Mt. Hood Railroad, by the way! It was a perfect family outing!!)


Back at the station, we had a hard time pulling the kids away. It's hard to say whether they enjoyed the actual train ride, or the toy trains more: