Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tacoma: Day 2



On Day 2, we visited a "Scratch Patch". Evidently, they're more common other places around the world; I certainly hadn't heard of them before! The entire floor of the little shop is carpeted with gorgeous rocks from around the world, and you get to fill a bag with your favorites to take home, and there are identification charts and maps so you can learn about the rocks--where they're from, what they're called, and such. Micah was really into the rose quartz:




After the Scratch Patch, we grabbed lunch on an old white school bus that had been converted to a Mexican "restaurant". Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture. But it was YUMMY! The back half of the bus had been turned into a kitchen, and the seats had been removed from the front half, replaced by bar stools and slim counters running under the windows. I'd definitely like to visit the taco bus again, especially on a sunny (read: not rainy and cold) day. ;0)