Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunny With A High Of 63



When I saw that it was going to be a whopping 63 at the beach Thursday before last, I made up some PB&Js, threw them and the magnifying glass in the backpack, and announced a spontaneous field trip to the kids. ;0)

As an added bonus, we got to join up with my folks at their place for a B-Day dinner for my Aunt Lynnae (at which Micah was delighted by, and Kendra was terrified by, the trick "can't-blow-it-out" candle...) after our hike.

We keep going back to this particular dunes hike over and over... It's just the right distance for little legs, and has a bit of everything: big dunes to roll, jump, and slide down, a sheltered stretch with little bridges, and, of course, the ocean!







If you know Kendra, you know how big this moment was:

I was so proud of my little clean freak, voluntarily putting her finger (just the one, of course, which was quickly wiped off...) in the sand!!! ;0)



My little lovies have an insane amount of fun together:




Getting psyched up for the big jump...






This has been my lot in life... Born and raised on the Oregon Coast, yet never having found a whole sand dollar:






My bro and his fam caught up to us at the beach! Kendra was so excited to see them, I'm surprised Levi didn't bite it when she launched herself into his arms...








Guess who found a whole sand dollar...

Something tells me Uncle Levi "planted" it...



I'll end with a few macro shots of the gorgeousness we saw on our return hike:





(Salal is one of my favorite leaves. I think it looks similar to a lemon leaf, and I love it in bouquets!)

Can't wait for our next field trip!! ;0)