Sunday, June 24, 2007

Big Sister

Lots of people are asking how Kendra feels about Micah. Well, she truly can not wait to get her little brother here! Yesterday, she announced to me that she would be going to Micah's room for a while, which is amazing, because she never likes to go off by herself. Moments later, I heard her exclaim in a loud voice, "It smells goodie!" I asked, "It smells good in Micah's room? What does it smell like?" and she said, "Ummm... It smells like... toys!" She talks about him a lot... "Micah's in Africa." "Micah's in Liberia." "He probably has a poopy diaper right now." "He might be sleeping." "Can Micah eat popcorn?" "Strawberries?" "Chicken?" She likes to answer the food questions herself, by saying, "No! He's too little!" She also talks a lot about all the things she wants to teach him... how to walk, talk, eat, etc.

Although she knows we're flying on a plane to Africa to get him (she tells us all the time, "I want to go on the airplane to Africa with you!"), she still asks if he's here all the time. When Corey's coming home from work, she often asks, "Is Micah coming, too?" Or when I say we're going to the library, she will ask, "Is Micah going to be there?" This morning as we were walking into church, she asked if Micah was inside. When I told her he wasn't, because he is still in Liberia, she said, "I miss him." She says she misses him frequently. It's so sweet, and heart-breaking at the same time. She often kisses his picture, too.