Many adoptive families who make the trip to Liberia spend a couple days or more recouping in Brussels before heading into Liberia after the long trip from the U.S. (There are no direct flights into Liberia, so the trip is lengthy and roundabout.) We have been debating whether to spend that extra time recharging or not, and hadn't decided until...
I (Jamie) realized Paris is only 1 hour 20 minutes from Brussels by train! I'm embarrassed to say so, but I am totally geographically illiterate. Nor am I a seasoned world traveler; not by a long shot! I've been by car to Canada and Mexico (and not far into either one), and have flown a few places--Missouri, D.C., and China. That's it!
So, this is my plea for travel advice! This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for us, and I think we're going to go for it, but I feel completely intimidated by the prospect of planning this little excursion. We will probably leave a few days earlier than we're due in Liberia so we can hop over to Paris, and maybe see a bit in Belgium, too. Anything any of you can tell me about places to stay, eat, places that are a must see, etc., would be GREATLY appreciated!!