Sunday, January 13, 2008

Conversations With Kendra

Kendra is very eager to understand seasons right now, and it is making for some fun conversations! This weekend, she asked, "Why is it still winter time?" I am not always good at spontaneity, so was rather proud of myself when I answered her with a bedtime analogy, saying a lot of the trees and plants are still sleeping. I compared Fall to getting ready for bed (just like we brush our teeth, go potty, take off our clothes and put on pj's, the trees take off their leaves...), I compared Spring to waking up in the morning, and so on and so forth. She seemed to soak the analogy in pretty well, so I ventured to quiz her after a few minutes and asked, "So, what do the trees do in Fall?" I was expecting her, of course, to say, "They take their leaves off," or something. But in her most "duh, Mom!" kind of voice, she said, "They go potty!" Perfect. Another successful parenting moment. Ha, ha. :0)

She is still loving imaginary play, too. She informed me the other morning that the cat liked her outfit. I said, "Oh! He must have good taste." She said (once again in the "duh, Mom!" voice), "No, Mom! He hasn't tasted it!" :0)

And Micah's holding his own, of course. He's climbing stairs, standing briefly on his own, cruising all over the house, and smiling and laughing almost constantly. I winked at him over dinner tonight, and he erupted into snorts of laughter. :0)
I am absolutely LOVING this season of my life! What fun.