My sweet friend Katie had the day off from school today, so she let me talk her into hanging out for the afternoon. I drug her along to the park so I could do a little photography practice on her, and in-between swinging, sliding, freezing hands, kids wanting snacks, kids wanting to be held, and all the rest... we actually got a few cute shots! My photography skills leave a lot to be desired, but my subject matter was sure great today! Katie is beautiful, and she has a beautiful spirit, too. The girl is bursting with joy, and is a selfless companion who is wise beyond her years. Check out her blog at http://www.shortsideoflife.blogspot.com/, and while you're there, give her a hard time! Tell her she's supposed to post more than once every few months or so... :0)
She's not really smiling here; just laughing at me... hmmm, there seems to be a lot of that when I'm taking people's pictures...
This is the "My buns are getting cold on this wrought iron bench in 30 something degrees, so hurry it up!" look. :0)
Okay, okay, I know that "up the nose" shots are not usually the best... but I really like this shot! The blue sky was amazing today, and the sun is shining just right on her gorgeous curls here. And lest you think she is gazing into the sky, dreaming of something profound, you should know she's really just enjoying a fruit snack that Kendra is sharing with her! :0)
Thanks for a fabulous afternoon, Katie! Love ya!!