Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rewinding... October and November 2010!



I think the grandmas must have conspired with each other. I keep getting phone calls from them... first one, then the other, suspiciously spaced about two weeks apart: "Soooo.... I haven't seen a blog update in a while..." ;0) So here you go, grandmas! A post to fill in the "family scrapbook" gaps from October and November, with more to come soon!

That first pic is from our church's harvest party. I had fun taking pictures at this outdoor "photo booth"!

Next up: Mushroom hunting! Kendra said she didn't feel well after we had driven to the coast, so she and Grandma Kay spent some time together at Uncle Levi and Aunt Ashley's house while the rest of us (Uncle L + Aunt A + Grandpa Bill + Lincoln + Barrett + Micah + me) put the flags on the trucks, and went 4xing on the dunes in search of mushrooms...





Cousinly love...


Dad with the mushroom guidebook...










Micah's favorite part of the outing was when Grandpa turned a tree branch into a sproinging swing of sorts:




My favorite part was the pitch Micah picked up from this... NOT. ;0)

Later in the day, some of us went for a short hike at the estuary:




We saw even more mushrooms on our hike:


Guess what? Those beautiful little shrooms are poisonous, and not to be touched. Don't ask me how I know... Okay, well, if you insist: If you accidentally touch one, and my Dad or bro are anywhere in the vacinity, they'll charge you with antibacterial wipes... LOL.









Back at home, we got some November snow:




Thanksgiving was at Mom and Dad's this year, and we stayed on an extra day to make good use of some of the many apples their little yard-orchard produced! Micah was entranced by the peelers:



























(Thanks to Ashley for capturing and sharing many of these November photos with us!)