Sunday, July 22, 2007

Corey's Birthday

Corey turned 34 on Friday, so I am now a woman in my early 30s (32, to be exact, until September--ha!) married to a man in his mid-30s. He was very impressed with this pronouncement, let me tell you. For his birthday, we got him a croquet set. We don't go in much for the traditional backyard version; we like to make our own courses through the woods, just past the neighbors' tents, etc. when we're camping and such. We call it Extreme Croquet! I also told Corey that I am going to start blogging about him as a birthday present. It only seems fair that since he outs me in illustration after illustration on Sunday mornings (he's a Pastor, for those who don't know), I should be able to use the blog for retribution, right?! :0)

Unfortunately, all of the embarrassing stories I had planned to share have escaped me at the moment. All I can think of is the incredible, incredible blessing of being married to this man of God. Corey is tender, wise, funny, a great listener, humble, patient, extremely selfless, and the list goes on... He inspires me to be a stronger woman of God every day, mostly by being a stellar example of how to conduct yourself in a manner that glorifies God. Thank you, Lord, for giving me waaaay more than I even knew to ask for in a husband.

an older pic of Corey and Kendra (2005) that I love