Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Please Pray Him Home

The issues concerning the slowing down of adoption processing in Liberia is more serious than we knew. It is disheartening, and a little scary. I don't fully comprehend all the details that are trickling in, nor am I sure how much I can safely post, but I wanted to make a request to all of Micah's prayer warriors: Please pray that Satan would be bound, and that Liberian adoptions would start to be processed more smoothly again.

Our agency's orphanage is at capacity right now, and unable to accept any more children. This is not because of a lack of adoptive families. The children in the orphanage have already been matched with adoptive families, and many of those adoptions, like ours, have already been finalized. When things get moving better again, the kids in the orphanage can come home to America, and the orphanage will then have room to help more children in need.

Adoption, like childbirth, can be a fragile thing. Sometimes it's more fragile than you know, and right now we're being made aware of some of that fragility. Please pray fervently with us that God will prepare the way for Micah to come home, and soon.