





My eye also caught a gorgeous old brick wall lining a long alley, and Kate's oldest, Hayley, was game enough to let me snap her pick against it! Here's the funny part: Just as I was folding myself into a completely unflattering lump on the concrete to get the perspective I wanted, along comes a pro photographer--the gear he was toting left no question about it! I flamed red, and said, "It looks like YOU should be taking the pictures here." He laughed and said, "It's a nice setting," which made me feel like just a bit less of an idiot. He passed on his merry way, and I proceeded to take Hayley's pic. As I began to unfold myself and put distance between my face and the concrete, Kate starts laughing, hard, as if she'd been holding a church giggle for many moons... then I hear a male voice laughing in unison, behind me, and I turn around to realize that the pro had totally been taking pics of me taking pics of Hayley!? Ha ha haaa! I'm sure I'm going to end up in some photography book as a "what not to do" example or something! How hilarious. And embarrassing. Here are a few of my Hayley shots:


