Not a whole lot to report... I've been pretty sick (yuck), we've had lots of company (yay!), and a little of this and that...



The kids are doing great! Kendra is delighting in being my big helper, and Micah is talking more and more. He has started saying hi, but it sounds like he's from the south; kind of like, "Hah." I took some pics of him tonight that he'll probably hate me for later, 'cause a field of yellow flowers doesn't really scream "BOY"... but there's this great spot that Ashley pointed out right near our house (you know, the one I've driven past gazillions of times over the last seven years but never noticed), and I was passing it at sunset tonight, with my camera in tow...
Last weekend, we got to go to the big city with some of our church leadership and visit four different church services (two on Saturday night, two on Sunday morning). I loved it! One of my favorite memories from when Corey was in Seminary was an assignment he had to visit many, many different churches. I'm a big fan of kind of "looking over the fence" to get ideas! The amazing thing to me was that our entire group was in agreement, pretty much down to every detail: we liked that church's organization, that church's music, that church's... It was great fun getting to see all the variety and discuss it.
My sis-in-law and nephew came for a day and a half, and we exhausted ourselves! I'd tell you more, but I'd have to... well, you know... 'cause it involved a Mother's Day project she's working on. Suffice it to say, Ashley thinks I got sick by having my head dipped into somebody's spit on a sidewalk or something trying to get a good angle for a pic-- I'll fill you in more on that after Mother's Day!
Phil came for the weekend, and it was the blessing he and his family always bring: He passionately pursues our Lord, and is an inspiring disciple. I love pretending like I'm computing while really listening to he and Corey engage in all manner of conversations that spur me on to reach my full potential in Christ. Thank you, Phil! ...and thank you so, so much to all the friends and family who poured out love on the Olson family by donating things and giving money. I just sat here grinning, watching Phil breaking into a sweat trying to cram everything into his allowed luggage--what a GREAT problem to have!!! (Yes, I offered to help, but come on--this is the guy who is a seasoned missionary, and has even had experience with vacuuming the air out of a garbage bag to get a down comforter to Ecuador!)
I haven't made any signs for a while, and made one for my dad on a tree slice, so that was fun:

I used to make a lot of vintage-inspired signs, like these:


The kids are doing great! Kendra is delighting in being my big helper, and Micah is talking more and more. He has started saying hi, but it sounds like he's from the south; kind of like, "Hah." I took some pics of him tonight that he'll probably hate me for later, 'cause a field of yellow flowers doesn't really scream "BOY"... but there's this great spot that Ashley pointed out right near our house (you know, the one I've driven past gazillions of times over the last seven years but never noticed), and I was passing it at sunset tonight, with my camera in tow...

...so there you have my random update. The kids and I are hanging out with some sweet friends from our adoption group tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some fun pics to show for it!