Sunday, August 26, 2007
5 Months Old
Micah is 5 months old today. Our contact from the adoption agency, Donna, is in Liberia right now, and she posted the most comforting details on her blog today! She said that she was able to visit the infant/toddler orphanage in the evening, and as she entered she saw the nannies leading the older toddlers through scripture recitations. As she passed through that group, and came to the 1 and 2 year olds, there was Christian Music being played in the background and the nannies were singing Christian songs with these kids, and having them shout, "Amen!" super loud when it came to that part in the particular song they were singing. Then she came to the infants' room, where Micah is. The nannies there were singing Christian Songs to the babies as they put them to bed. I was so comforted to read this, and I am deeply thankful that Micah is surrounded by these God-honoring traditions. I am incredibly thankful that he has been in the care of this wonderful Christian Organization from the beginning. Thank you, Lord!