Okay, okay, so it's a misleading title... The update is that there's no update! The blog title says "mostly adoption-related", so I thought I'd better say something about our adoption process! :0) We're waiting for Micah's passport to be issued, which should be any day now. They are supposed to take about a month from finalization, and his adoption was finalized at the end of June, so it really, truly, should be issued any day! Once his passport has been issued, it should be about 6 weeks until we travel. By my math, that would put us traveling in October, but our agency rep said her best guess is November... I'm not sure why, but it doesn't really matter. It's out of our (and their) hands for the most part at this point. What will be, will be!
So... We've been "paper pregnant" for 7 months (counting from our referral in January), and maybe we'll be meeting our baby at right around 9 months since we first heard of him!