Sunday, August 26, 2007

Waterfalls Loop Trail

We explored a beautiful trail we'd never been to before yesterday. It is called Waterfalls Loop Trail, and is on the McKenzie River. It's a great 3 mile round-trip hike, with two waterfalls, amazingly blue water, and Lord of the Rings-esque woodland surroundings. I realized yesterday one of the reasons I so enjoy taking photographs: They help me to see and focus on the good, beautiful things. As much as I'd like to be a glass half full kind of girl, I tend toward the glass half empty frame of mind. But when I'm taking photos, I'm constantly looking for beautiful, interesting, funny, make-you-smile kinds of things to focus on! So instead of writing on and on about sore bodies, scary dogs jumping on us, and all that... here are some pics of the things I'll be remembering!

Sahalie Falls

Koosah Falls
blue water
Kendra was in huckleberry heaven
Corey carrying Kendra on the stairs
Me carrying--oh wait, just sitting with--Kendra on the stairs :0)
a foot bridge
a baby pine cone