Monday, August 13, 2007

Cuzn's Camp

We had a nice reprieve from the discouraging adoption news (see the last few posts if you don't know what I'm referring to) the last four days! We had our 3rd annual Cuzn's Camp, which is a gathering of my cousins on my Dad's side, our kids, and our parents. There are 19 of us, including Micah and one in the oven. :0)

We camped at my Aunt Lynnae and Uncle Bruce's place this year, which is quite possibly my favorite place on earth. They live on tons of acreage about 30 minutes from town, which is accessed by a winding, tree-canopied gravel road with the quintessential grass growing in the middle that runs alongside a meandering slough. The end of the road opens to a huge meadow/field/canyon with their self-built cabin-style home, which is surrounded by mountains.

It was a wonderful, wonderful time. The kids all played miraculously well together, and there was rich conversation and relaxation all around. We went crabbing, played croquet and card games, ate dozens of s'mores (okay, okay--that was just me!), went for long walks, took naps, ate right-out-of-the-water oysters, crabs, and tuna steaks, and even celebrated Kendra's Birthday early. My cousin's wife Kim, who is an AMAZING photographer, did an impromptu photo session with Kendra in her Birthday dress... I can't wait to get them and share!

I played with my macro button on my camera, and got several neat shots of Aunt Lynnae's flowers. To see them, just click on the "Z Photos - This and That" link, and then check out the "from the trail" album. I'll post our group pic below. If you'd like to check out the other camp pics I took, click on the "Z Photos - Family" link at the top right!