Friday, September 14, 2007
Micah's Paperwork is Moving!
We just got an e-mail from our agency saying Micah's paperwork will be submitted to the Consular on September 25th, and that they will then schedule for the Birth Mother to go in for the Biological Family Investigation. Honestly, I'm totally confused as to exactly what that means. I'm not clear on what this paperwork review and investigation pertain to. I assume it doesn't pertain to issuance of his Visa, since we have not yet heard about a passport being issued, but I also assume it doesn't pertain to finalization since his adoption was finalized at the end of June!? I have e-mailed back asking for clarification. If anyone reading this knows what this review and investigation pertain to, please clue me in! Otherwise, I will post again once we get clarification from Acres. In the meantime, I just wanted to share the excitement I feel when I can see that the paperwork seems to be moving in some fashion!! Yippee! Please be praying with us on the 25th, that the new Consular, Alma, will look favorably on Micah's adoption and that she will process it quickly. (Alma is the person who has made, and continues to make, the changes that are slowing down the process right now.) Also, please be in prayer with us for Micah's Birth Mother. That she would be given strength, courage, and comfort. It sounds like these interviews can be daunting, and no doubt re-living/re-telling the story behind making an adoption plan for your child is very, very difficult. Please be praying with us.