Thursday, September 20, 2007

Micah's Shower

About 5 years into marriage, as Corey and I were getting ready for bed one night, he gave me a huge hug, and said, "I am sooo sorry." I said, "What?" Then, with tears forming in his eyes, he said, "Don't pretend like you don't know. I'm so, so sorry." It was at this point that I started thinking, "What on earth did he do? Yikes! It must be big!" Again I said, "What?" And he said, "Happy anniversary. I'm so sorry I forgot." And I said, "It's our anniversary?"

True story. We are incredibly lame about celebrating things. Neither of us remember important dates half the time, much less make plans for celebration! But alas, our friends and family are not going to let us get away with such behavior when it comes to giving Micah a proper welcome. So, there is going to be a Baby Shower! It will be a brunch at my Mom's house at the coast, on October 13th. Please let me know if you'd like to join us, and I'll gladly give you details and directions.

I've been asked to share a "Wish List", so here goes: size 4 diapers, Costco brand formula, wipes, size 12-24 months clothes, and size 3 or bigger shoes.

Thanks, everyone, for insisting we have an official celebration! It will be wonderful to scrapbook the event and be able to someday show Micah how excited everyone was to have him joining our circle of family and friends.