
Micah's right hand is on the photo album we made for him! Inside, he's got two pictures of his big sister, two pictures of his Daddy, and two pictures of his Mommy.

He is sitting on one of the Nanny's knees. Boy, does he love to suck those fingers! And just look at all that hair!! ;0)

I love the hoodie look on him!!!

There's that smile!

And another smile!

He's sitting! This greatly reassures me about the excellent care he is getting, since babies typically learn to sit between 4 and 7 months, and he's not yet 6 months. Clearly, he's not languishing in a crib with no opportunity for nurturing development. Thank you, Acres of Hope!
This photo also gives me great reassurance about the excellent care he's getting. In some orphanages, babies never leave their cribs and bottles are just propped near them so they can self-feed. Obviously, Micah is not worried about having to self-feed! Notice how his arms are lying lazily on the floor. I love it! It is also fun to get a glimpse of the baby room--I assume that's what this is, what with all the cribs. (I blocked out the faces of the other two children due to confidentiality issues.)
I am so, so thankful for all of these pictures! What a great start to our week. We also found out this morning that his passport was not submitted for promptly after the adoption was finalized as planned. We have asked when it was submitted for, so we can adjust our expectations, but no word yet. We'll keep you posted!