I've been getting lots of questions about my photography, and thought I'd answer a few of the common ones here for anyone who's interested. First let me say: Check out my new portfolio links at the right! I've gathered some of my favorite images into four albums, and you can now see them full screen. I recommend clicking on "slide show" once you're in the album; it's a nice way to view them. Some of the images have been posted here on my blog before; some haven't. I didn't necessarily pick the best shots technically speaking; some are just snapshots of family and friends. My goal was to give you a sense of what I see through the lens/what I'm looking for when I'm taking photos. I hope you enjoy them, and I hope to update them from time to time, so be sure to check back once in a while if you're interested!
Q: Are you going into business?
A: No! It's just a hobby on steroids. ;0)
Q: What do you charge?
A: I don't! I'm thoroughly enjoying taking pics for people as a bit of a ministry right now. To be honest, one of the hardest things for me about being a Pastor's Wife is that we're often in the "receiving" position. I'm not a pro or anything, but I'm beginning to feel like I have something of value I can offer people, and it feels so, so good to be able to give! Plus, I love the freedom of not feeling pressure to perform. Of course I do to some degree anyway, but by not charging people I wouldn't feel like it was the end of the world if my memory card dropped in the river on my way home from a shoot, you know? ;0) ...but before you go thinking I'm more generous than I am, I have to admit that some people do give me thank you gifts, both of the green kind and otherwise. And I'm totally benefiting from these sessions in terms of what I'm learning!! ...so it's a give and take. ;0)
Q: Could you do some photos for me?
A: Yes!!!!! I've been hitting a stride of doing one or two sessions per month, and that seems to work well as far as the time I have to devote to this hobby-on-steroids. I have a few sessions lined up, but I have some room on my calendar, too. So if your last family picture was taken when Reagan was in office, or your best friend's sister's daughter is getting married and can't afford a pro to do her engagement photos, or whatever... I'm your girl! I'm willing to try most anything, but I'm especially interested in doing Senior Photos and other Individual Portraits, Engagement/Couples Shoots, and Family Sessions.
Q: What is a session like?
A: First, make sure you tell me what you like! Look through my portfolio (see the links at the top right), and feel free to show me pics on other blogs, in magazines... anything you like! That will help us find a starting place for planning your session. I like to work outdoors, in natural light. I usually spend about two hours taking photos, and I'm pretty sure my subjects are completely worn out by the time I'm done with them. ;0) My philosophy is, by the time you've got your outfits all together, make-up done just so, made the effort to get to the site, etc., we might as well wear ourselves out getting every possible shot we can. I like to go to places where there are lots of different settings within walking or short driving distance, so we can get quite a variety of images. You have to be patient with me, because I can be slow in re-working my camera settings and what not, and I will probably ask you to do more than one thing that will have you thinking, if not saying, "You want me to go where??? And do whaaaaa???" ;0) I may be conservative in every other aspect of my life, but the photography brings out the wild child in me! Watch out! ;0)
Q: How will you get the photos to me?
A: You'll get an e-mail from me announcing that I've just made you famous to all of my three or so blog readers, and you can get a sneak peek at some of the images by checking out the blog post. When it's all said and done, I'll give you a CD with gobs of images, many of them edited a bit, so you can print however many you want, of whichever ones you want, at whatever place you want!