My family has often joked that my cousin Cathy and I are identical. I think we looked more similar when we were growing up, but I still think we could pass for sisters! We've got a lot in common, but I'd love to have even more of her traits. For one, she's the most disciplined person I can think of! She's encouraging, challenging, inspirational... and her conversation is never frivolous.
Despite all those fabulous things, I also always think of hand-me-downs when I think of Cathy. She's two years older than me, grew up in the city, and was always so, so cool. The latest styles took a couple years to trickle down from the big city to my po-dunk town, so thanks to my cousin Cathy, I was always within a stone's throw of fashionable clothing... Seattle Blues jeans and Esprit tops in Middle School; Guess jeans and Gap tops in High School. Too bad she wound up so much smaller than me two decades later. My wardrobe could really use some help now! ;0) My identical, abnormally smart, hand-me-downs cousin came for a visit with her four kids today, and it was a great, great day:















