Friday, October 26, 2007

7 Months Old

Micah at birth, in a Monrovia, Liberia hospital
Micah, at about 2 weeks, when he was living with the Foster Family he spent his first 3 weeks with


Micah, at about 3 months, in the orphanage

Micah, at about 6 months, in the orphanage

Micah is 7 months old today! This milestone is hitting me a little harder than some have, simply because I really loved the 6 months stage with Kendra, and we have now officially missed it with Micah. But I sure am thankful for the incredible job Acres of Hope does with taking and sending pictures of kids for us adoptive families!! Micah's "1st year" book already has more pictures than my folks ever took of me! Seriously! When I was helping my parents move earlier this year, I was thrilled to come across a photo album labeled "Here's Jamie", because I had never seen a picture of me as a tiny baby. In a moment of pure elation upon my big find, I flung the cover open, and found... an EMPTY album! I laughed and laughed, and gave my Mom a really hard time. (I'm sure you really appreciate me sharing it with the world like this, right Mom?) Hmm... Maybe I'm overcompensating for my lacking picture history, what with all the pictures I take of Kendra...

Coming soon: A cheery post! I promise! ;0)