Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fall Crafts

Kendra and I have been in a crafting mood, so I thought I'd share some of our creations just for fun! Kendra was using glitter pens, and kept making glitter puddles. I grabbed one of the leaves we had collected earlier in the day, and dragged it through one of the glitter puddles to thin it out a little... and I love how the glitter looked on the leaves! Maybe this is an actual craft that someone somewhere has thought of before, but until I hear differently, I'm claiming this as my invention and calling it "leaf dragging". ;0)


We did lots of different things with the leaves, but one of my favorite things was an idea I discovered online: laying down a piece of contact paper (they recommended clear, but we used white), placing leaves on it, and covering them with a piece of clear contact paper. Very fun, and very easy! And it preserves the leaves pretty well, I think. I made this one last week. I just did it as an experiment, but if you used bigger pieces of contact paper, it could be a fun place mat.

Last but not least, I wanted to share the scarecrow we made! Our church is having a Harvest Party next Sunday at a beautiful old grange, with square dancing (even though we're Baptist ;0) ), all kinds of food... the works! Family scarecrows are going to be used as decorations, and there will even be a prize for the favorite scarecrow! The scariest thing I could think of was our Pastoral Staff (I'm kidding, guys!), so that explains the pictures our sweet scarecrow is holding... ;0) (Yep, that's my hubby in the middle, with the scrunched up face. I'm so proud... ;0) ) She turned out to be kind of a bohemian scarecrow...