I was tempted to title this post "Bad Day", but I refuse to waste a whole day being bummed out! I allowed myself to wallow just a wee bit this morning, but that will have to do. ;0)
In Sunday morning Bible Study, we've been looking at Nebuchadnezzar and Belshazzar. A couple of the things I have been reminded of is that 1) God will humble whomever He wants, whenever He wants, and by whatever means He chooses--like with Nebuchadnezzar, and 2) God seems to act immediately at the height of our arrogance--like with Nebuchadnezzar being stripped of his glory while his words of arrogance were "still in his mouth", and Belshazzar dying before the night of his blasphemous party was through. Just last night, our Music Pastor and good friend was telling me how he feels for me and prays frequently for me, what with me having to put on a happy face for everyone despite the delay in getting Micah home. I triumphantly told him how I was genuinely and supernaturally experiencing God's peace in the midst of this, and how I had only cried once since we started this process in May 2006. Well, as of today, let's make that twice. (You see? God humbling me before even a day goes by! Me and my big, "triumphant" mouth. Ha, ha.)
We got an update e-mail this morning, and it brought me to tears. Unfortunately, the bulk of the tears came while I was on the phone with the brand new coordinators for our agency, trying to sort things out. I just kept saying, "Really! I've been very patient throughout this process, I promise! This is the first time I've made a call like this." Ugh. What a brilliant first encounter with these poor people. (It's a husband/wife team.)
Anyway, if you're still reading after all my blathering, here's the news: Still no word on Micah's passport, which should have taken about a month, but we've been waiting for for over 3 months now. And his visa paperwork that was supposed to be reviewed by the new Consular September 25th? It's now scheduled to be submitted to her on NOVEMBER 6th. The good news is, the plan is to submit his paperwork on the 6th, and do the birth family interview on the 8th. (I had thought the birth family interview might have to wait until quite a while after the paperwork review.) We're hoping to get some explanation as to what's going on with the passport, and why the visa paperwork review has been pushed back so far, in the next week and a half. We'll keep you posted.