Monday, October 15, 2007

Full Tank

We had a perfect weekend, and it brought my emotional tank to "full". :0)


Saturday morning, my Mom hosted a Shower for Micah, and the gathering of wise, Godly women from different "circles" of my life--friends, family, co-workers, and church family--made me extra aware of the deep, rich, genuine, uplifting support I have in my life! Wow. I walked away feeling unworthy of such an impenetrable wall of encouragement. These women are not just supportive of adoption, but they are right in the trenches with me; feeling the same frustration that Micah isn't here, and yet resting in God's sovereignty just the same. They are "weeping when I weep" and "rejoicing when I rejoice", and I am so, so thankful.

Mom putting up signs and balloons for Micah's Shower

Saturday afternoon was Bud's Service. For those of you who didn't know Bud, one of his trademarks was his stories. He had seemingly been everywhere, and done everything, and you couldn't help but wonder how tall some of the tales might be. During an open sharing time at his Service, several of his fishing buddies, veteran buddies, and family members fessed up that they had double-checked his stories a time or two, and that they had always turned out to be the 100% truth! If Bud was listening in on Saturday, I bet he had a good laugh over that. I sure did.


my two sweeties, looking out over the bay where Bud's boat, "The Sinbad", used to be docked


After the Service, about 15 family members stopped by Grandma Mamie's place to sing her a "Happy 94th Birthday". Kendra couldn't wait to sing, and led us off in grand fashion. We all made quite a commotion in that quiet little house!

Saturday evening, we all (about 20 of us) piled into Aunt Lynnae and Uncle Bruce's cabin in the woods, and had a great time eating truffles and playing games. My cousin Ben and his wife Jessica are big time gamers, so they're always bringing fun new games to try... but I'm convinced they have an ulterior motive: They never, ever bring back a game twice! They just get us hooked on one, and then they never bring it again. I think they just bring the new ones so they know the rules and can always beat the rest of us dummies who are just trying to figure the new games out... ;0) I WILL win one of these games, one of these days!! Mark my words. :0)

Sunday, our church had a fabulous Harvest Party. It was out at the Walterville Grange, and we had a blast. I got to take pictures of all the families, in their finest Western Wear, in a little "photo booth" that had been set up. There were so many good pictures, it's hard to choose which one to post! I'm going to have to go with one I didn't actually take. This is our distinguished Deacon Chair, and yours truly: