Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Thoughts From the Plane-written 11/19/07
Well, we're almost to Brussels! We've been in the car, on a plane, or sitting in an airport for about 20 hours so far. God continues to pave the way for us, giving us unexpected little blessings along the way. As we're walking away from the check-in counter this morning, the lady said, "Hey! You guys have a big trip ahead of you... Would you like me to switch you to exit seats so you can have some leg room?" So we've had a bit of room to spread out so far, and that has been wonderful. On our current 8 hour flight from Chicago to Brussels, we hae a sweet young German woman sitting next to us, with her 7 month old son It has been great to watch him and get prepared for our trip home with our 7 month old--well, atually, he'll turn 8 months on the 26th before we leave. Corey has had fun laughing at me, because I'm treating our adoption paperwork binder like it's my baby. I am walking through the airports with it pressed to my chest, and I refuse to even put it in the overhead bins. In fact, I reach down now and then and touch it just to be sure it's still there. I can not imagine the horror of losing these documents! It's truly unthinkable. I'm very much looking forward to resting in our Brussels Hotel for the day. I have learned that it is simply not possible for me to sleep unless I'm horizontal, so I hae been awake for about 48 straight hours as of now. Stay tuned... I'll try to post again, and share a bit about Brussels and Paris before we get back on the plane Wednesday morning to finish up the last leg of our trip over to AFRICA!!!!!