Our bags are packed, and we're just waiting until it's time to head to the airport. We've got about three hours to kill. We're loafing in the living room chairs under the fan. I just tried to hold Corey's hand and he said, "I'm sorry. No way." Evidently my hand was too hot! ;0) So we tried holding pinkies, and that was too much for him, too. He said we could hold our pinky nails together if I wanted, but I opted for one last blog post from Africa. ;0)
Micah had two or three little nightmares each night since we got him until last night... Last night, when I heard him making noise and I woke up, I looked over and he was giggling in his sleep. ;0) I'm very surprised at the changes we've seen in just a few days. Another big difference is that he would just let his legs hang limp and buckle underneath him if we tried to help him stand. Now he's standing for several minutes at a time, and he loves doing it. I can't wait to see what food and stimulation will do for him in the days, weeks, and months to come. (He's only had formula with rice cereal mixed in so far.)
I am so, so glad we came. I have learned a ton on this short trip, and have had the experience of a lifetime. I'm glad we will be able to give Micah a first-hand account of his birth country. And I'm especially thankful for the lessons God has been faithful to teach us throughout this adoption journey. He is all powerful. He is in control. He is our Provider. Of course I knew these things before we started walking down the road to meet Micah, but I now know them on a deeper level. I know these truths, and so much more about God, in not just my mind, but in the depths of my heart now as well. Thank you, Lord. I look forward to the next season of lessons.