So if you're not a photo freak, you might want to wait for the next post, but if you're snap happy like me, come along and join me for a glimpse of the most fun afternoon I've had in a long, long time!!! Our good friends Dan and Liz graciously agreed to let me run them around town and practice, practice, practice my photography on them! Katie (who I blogged about recently) came along and made it even
more fun. I called her my assistant the whole time, which she did
not think was so fun... ;0)
Before we even got to the first destination I had scoped out, I saw this new vintage (an oxy-moron, I know!) shop's sign with the two unoccupied chairs that were calling my name. I ran in and asked the clerk if we could take a few photos in them, and she thought it was a great idea! I'm going to have to go back to the store; it looked super fun.
Aren't they adorable? They were much more cooperative than my usual one and three year old subjects, and almost as cute! ;0)
This shot got interrupted about five times by people needing to use the stairs. Oh, the nerve! ;0)
I had to have them open the door, because I was getting too much reflection off the glass. Any of my fellow snap happy people know how to overcome the glare?
I really like this picture of Dan. I told Corey he should use it on the church website! (Dan is our Creative Arts Pastor.)
I think this is my favorite photo from the day. I love Liz's reflection in the mirror, I love how all the colors work together... love it, love it, love it!
Technically speaking, I am very proud of these shots. I have never really tried to use backlight, but I'm pretty happy with my first attempt! I metered off of Liz's skin, and that seemed to work pretty well.
Again, I love the colors here. We didn't plan it, but their clothes went perfectly with the surroundings!
Their Moms would love enlargements of this one for Mother's Day, don't you think?

Wouldn't this be a cool spot to photograph a bride coming down in her wedding gown? I think it looks a little "Lord of the Rings"-ish.

I was worried about these "up above the city" shots looking too touristy. How did we do?

Yes, we got some weird looks while doing this "feet" shot. ;0)
If you know Katie, you know the text on the side of this truck suits her perfectly, which she did not hesitate to prove in dramatic fashion! Ha ha haaa!! We were all laughing sooo hard at this! We wound up our time in the Industrial Area of town, just trying out some funky shots, which I'll leave you with:




Thank you so, so much Dan, Liz, and Katie, for coming out to play with me! ;0) I love you all.