First, the Valentine Making Party:
No offense to all you Superbowl Fans, but I would rather visit the dentist than sit and watch sports on TV! :0) ...so yesterday, I hosted my 2nd annual Valentine's Card Making Party during the Superbowl. Kendra and I invited some girls within a few years of her age, and their Moms, to join us for lots of crafting, and of course, lots of eating...
No offense to all you Superbowl Fans, but I would rather visit the dentist than sit and watch sports on TV! :0) ...so yesterday, I hosted my 2nd annual Valentine's Card Making Party during the Superbowl. Kendra and I invited some girls within a few years of her age, and their Moms, to join us for lots of crafting, and of course, lots of eating...
some of the cards I made

Jenny and Sarah: We have been friends with Jenny and her family ever since we volunteered together at a Shaohannah's Hope table and hit it off a few years ago. We also now belong to the same Adoption Group. Jenny and her husband brought 3 boys home from Liberia (through the same agency we worked with) several months ahead of our trip to get Micah, so I innundated poor Jenny with bazillions of e-mails and phone calls as we went through the process, since they were a few steps ahead of us the whole time. I will always be grateful for all the hand-holding she did for me! Beyond that, Jenny is an all-star Mom (of 6!), who inspires, challenges, and encourages me endlessly. Sarah is a fellow horse lover, and craft lover. Plus, she has a blossoming interest in photography! She makes the coolest sock dolls I've ever seen, and she made the blanket that Micah slept in all the way home from Liberia.

Charity and Jamie are good friends from church. We all have one girl and one boy, about the same age. Charity is one of my strongest inspirations to memorize more scripture, because she's always referencing the perfect passage at just the right time during Bible Study, and in casual conversation. Jamie is incredibly laid back and down to earth, which is so good for me. I tend toward being too serious, and that's just not possible around her! Jamie is fun, fun, fun.

Kate, Hayley, and Baby Ellie: Kate and I met while working at the Pregnancy Center's Holiday Market together. Kate is a most beautiful wife, mother, and friend. She is gentle, joyful, wise, and witty. I have to admit I have thought more than once that I'd love to be Kate! I always feel incredibly relaxed and refreshed after spending time with her. Oh--and she makes the best rice krispy treats on earth! Little Hayley has that same sweet, gentle spirit. I am thrilled to have her influence in Kendra's life!

Erin (Jamie's daughter) was on paparazzi duty. Too bad there was no film in that camera; I'm pretty sure she got some great shots! ;0)

I think Joanna (Jenny's youngest girl) made more cards than anyone. She was amazing!
Second, the Drum Saga:
So remember how we unwittingly brought home a stow-away (and by stow-away, I mean gargantuan African Spider) in Micah's djembe from Liberia? Well, we decided to cut off air to the spider by putting the drum in a garbage bag, sealing it tightly, and setting it on our entry deck for a few days. Well, it was cold... and this is the Pacific Northwest... and I almost cried when I pulled the drum out of the bag. Moisture got into it, and it was majorly mildewed. ...so I have been scrubbing it with vinegar, looking into mildew resistant applications I can put on after I've finished my scrubbing, and probably eventually sanding, sessions. I have visited our local home improvement store to talk with them about it, searched the net, and also called a local djembe maker. Any and all ideas on how to fix Micah's drum are certainly welcome! ...and if you ever get a djembe, by all means, don't seal it up in a plastic bag!!!
Third, a Deer Convention:
Evidently, the deer really like the leaves and berries on the tree that fell in our back yard. There were EIGHT of them chomping on it when we looked out the window this morning, and there has pretty much been a pack of them back there enjoying the smorgasboard all day.

Finally, so much less:
I've been getting lots of comments on my lack of blogging, and I just have to say that there's not much to tell! Life has been fairly uneventful the last few weeks, and frankly, I'm elated!!! ;0)