Mom has always been a gardener, and she has taken a very serious interest in bees in the last several years... not the honey-making kind, but the "good for the garden" kind. I had no idea there were so many books on the subject; you should see her bee book stash!
Anyhow, somewhere along the way, she started making bee boxes, where they can nest, and hatch, and who knows what all else. (Sorry, Mom, if I've got the terminology all wrong here!) One of our local nurseries, Bloomer's, now sells Mom's bee boxes, and they have asked her to join them on our local news radio's "Ask a Garden Expert" show this coming Saturday morning!
My brother and I have both had the good fortune of turning on the radio and hearing my Mom calling in to a gardening show, which she tries to keep on the down-low because we ridicule her mercilessly, so I am really looking forward to getting a whole hour's worth of teasing material. Hmmm... maybe I should record it for playbacks around the campfire at our annual family camping trip or something!? If you'd like to hear her for yourself, just tune in to AM 590 if you're in our area, or listen on-line at http://www.kugn.com/main.html this Saturday morning, at 8:00 a.m.