Wednesday, February 20, 2008

President's Day At The Coast

When we got to my folks' Sunday afternoon, we ran out to Tahkenitch Creek Trail, which runs through the dunes, the woods, and to the ocean... one of my all time fav hikes! Mom took the shot of the 4 of us on the tree branch that I have up on the new header, and here are a few more pics I snapped as we walked:

this fun foot bridge is near the trail head


another tree pic
the sun was setting, and the reflections in the pools along the way were incredible--you might have to look hard to see where the sand stops and the reflection begins in this pic!
the berries are on the kinnikinnick (one of my favorite words to say!)
Mom and Micah
a couple cones on a sand pine
salal leaves
we had to hustle back to the car; the moon was already out and it was quickly going dark!
on Monday morning, the kids, Mom, and I left Corey and Dad working on a fence and went to visit my Grandma
Can you believe my Grandma Mamie is 94??? I sure hope I get her genetics!
the light coming through Grandma's window was beautiful--and I've decided our boy is quite photogenic!

the kids riding Grandma Kay's elephant