Saturday, December 1, 2007

We're Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Lord, for an amazing, life-changing adventure in adoption! And thank you all, our friends and family, for rejoicing with us!! We have received tons of loving e-mails and phone calls, and we will get back to you all as soon as we catch our breath, I promise! We're very happy to be home, and have tons to share. I hope to post lots of pictures (I took hundreds, of course) over the next days and weeks, but here's a few to tide you over in the meantime! ;0)
the moment we met: we had just returned from the Embassy in the green van you see in the background, and there were Sydnee and Joe, missionaries who teach in the orphanages, with Micah--they had driven into the compound just behind us, but we didn't realize it until someone said, "So, do you want to meet your baby?"
playing on the bed: these were taken just a few hours after we met; Micah was playing on our Guest Room Bed under the mosquito netting


father and son: in the Guest Compound yard

father and son: introducing Micah to the computer

mother and son: playing on the beach before lunch; the water was warm!

mother and son: in the Guest Compound Yard

Now I'm off to deal with all of our travel mess! So far, a couple inch roach and a MONGO spider, maybe a tarantula, have come out of the djembe drum we brought home for Micah... Needless to say, all of our luggage is now spewn out on sheets in the yard, since I have NO intention of welcoming those little Liberian stow-aways into my home!! So among other things, we will be gingerly picking through the pile and bringing things in one by one today. ;0)