Sunday, December 30, 2007

12 Years! ...And Other Random Updates

Corey and I have been married 12 years today. As I told my dear friend Jess this morning, "There are still good guys out there... but, sorry, the best one has already been taken!" ;0) I am so, so thankful for my hubby. We're double-dating with our kids for our anniversary tonight; going to an African Children's Choir Concert! Despite being exhausted, I'm really looking forward to it.

We had a wonderful weekend. On Friday, we went to Uncle Bruce and Aunt Lynnae's for my family's annual White Elephant get-together. Poor Kendra opened up a 50 year old, 1/4 full container of Tang... and that was one of the nicer gifts in the White Elephant this year! ;0) Ben and Jess brought a couple games that I have actually played before (or so they said... I don't really remember them...) so I wouldn't be able to pick on them on the blog again.

Kendra and Micah had an absolute blast with all of their cousins. Aunt Lynnae summed it up best in regard to Micah... At the end of the day, she said to him, "Well you were definitely worth waiting for, my dear." We are still learning about his personality, but so far he definitely seems to be an incredibly sweet, laid-back little soul. And boy does he love to smile! For her part, Kendra continues to love to make her little brother smile. She had such a great time with him and her cousins on Friday, that as we drove away and I said, "Well, that was fun, wasn't it?" she said, "It was the MOST fun EVER!" ;0)

We're still in survival mode here. I'm hoping to re-institute some routine this week, and gain back just a little sanity. ;0) I've been spoiled having Jess here; I'm calling her "Super Nanny" now, and I don't know what I'll do without her! I'll leave you with a pic of the four of us that she snapped before she had to leave today: