Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Wild Ride in Senegal

If you've been reading while we were in Africa, you'll probably remember my post about Senegal, when our plane broke down. Hopefully the extreme contrast in these pictures will give you a sense of the surreal adventure we had. The first several pics were taken from the bus on the 2+ hour trip between the hotel and the airport. When we first drove those roads, it was midnight, and it was scary! We were going very slow due to the poor road conditions, and people were banging on the bus and shouting. It sounded like there were hundreds of people surrounding the bus at times, and it added to my fear factor that I couldn't understand what they were saying. I imagine they were just wanting to sell us things. Then, suddenly, we were delivered from the chaos and dropped at this unbelievably luxurious resort, and our heads were spinning. So without further ado, here are some pics from the road between the resort and the hotel, followed by some pics from the resort:


(Notice the Adoption Paperwork Binder in the bottom right-hand corner of the pic--Ha! I wasn't kidding when I told you I took it EVERYWHERE with me!! ;0) )