Thursday, December 13, 2007

On The Trail Again

I have been dying for some fresh air, but still want to be careful with Micah health-wise per the doctor's orders, so my Mom and Dad (who have already been exposed to anything we might have going on) met up with the kids and me at Sweet Creek Falls today. This way, we got to get out, but didn't have to worry about mingling with people... not too many folks are out hiking in December when the temperature is in the 30s! ;0) It was WONDERFUL!! Micah really seemed to love it. Wait a minute! Of course he did... he was being held the whole time! ;0)
Dad and Kendra demonstrating the massiveness of an old growth trunk


Mom and Kendra


Kendra and me


Dad and Micah


No, this bus was not on the trail, but I had to include it in this post! (It was on the road that leads to the trail head.) The sign, if you can't read it, says, "School Bus Stop Ahead". I saw the bus, and thought, "Yep. It stopped. A loooooooong time ago!" I'm probably the only one who thinks this is funny, but it just really cracked me up. Here's a better shot of the bus:


Micah is getting over his cold (actually, all 4 of us are getting over our colds--yay!), and is moving back into his grinning, giggly self. Seriously; sometimes he gets so happy that he just starts giggling without provocation. It's sooo fun! He smiles at me... I smile at him... he smiles even bigger... I smile even bigger... then he can't take it anymore and he starts giggling. And his giggle is the cutest sound on earth, I kid you not. It is husky and quiet, and comes in gasps. He truly seems to be super laid back and happy. The thing he had been most unhappy about was his introduction to a spoon. Although it sounds horrible, we basically had to wait until he was crying so hard that his mouth would come wide open to get food in. It wasn't the food he objected to, because he would down rice cereal mixed with formula through a bottle, but he would freak if we tried to give it to him via a spoon. Thankfully, we turned a corner yesterday, and he is voluntarily opening his mouth for the spoon now! Thank you, Lord!!