I can't believe we've been home a little over three weeks already! Every day as a family of four gets a little easier, and I can't wait to be out and about!! We actually got the green light from the doc on Friday, but Micah's too sick to be out today. He's had a cold off and on ever since we got him, but he threw up quite a bit last night, so he and I are cozying up yet again today. He doesn't seem to mind. :0)
Kendra is having tons of fun with her "Activity Set", as she calls it. (It's her Nativity Set). I love watching her put all the characters through the motions, telling the story of the birth of Jesus. It's hilarious to see the things she mixes in. One of her common versions is to have all of the characters climb up on the risers (which she uses our photo album to represent), and then they "do VBS". Basically, she has them all perform Christmas songs, which she of course sings with her own sweet variations.
Our friends Scott and Katy, who were in Liberia with us, stopped by yesterday for a few hours on their way through to visit family in Washington. It was a very special visit! They are a beautiful, Christ-centered family, and I feel so, so much richer for knowing them! I had tears in my eyes as they left, thinking of the unbelievable change that has taken place in the three kids they adopted, especially the boys. It is absolutely amazing what loving discipline can accomplish in just three weeks!! Their eldest played Micah's djembe for us, while Kendra intermittently danced and just sat there slack-jawed. He's quite good at "beating" the drum! Their youngest son and Kendra were attached at the hip after she got past her shyness! It was so, so fun to see them and chat for hours. I think it helped me to decompress a bit!
Assuming we're all well enough, we're hoping to go to my extended family's annual White Elephant get-together on Friday. I can't wait!! I'm so excited for Micah to get to meet everyone. And I'm hopeful that we'll get our first picture as a family of four, since there will be so many Paparazzis on hand!